Random music practice drills
Here are a few things I wrote for piano practice. Basically it takes a simple pattern and gives you random notes within that pattern. The intent is to aid composition and improvisation by giving you patterns to practice to, covering possibilities you'd otherwise miss.
It uses a random number generator that takes seed values (from here) and the controls at the top control the seed. The Daily button takes the number of days from 1/1/2020, multiplied by 100 to generate a seed. The +1/-1 etc. buttons select different seeds. These are mapped to X,C,V,B,N,M. Z is mapped to Zero. S toggles sharps/flats. The point of the seed is that this can reproduce exactly a pattern you've seen before, all you need to remember is the seed.
- bc1.html - BC1 - Block chords 1 - major and minor
- bc2.html - BC2 - Block chords 2 - major, minor, fixed range selection
- bc2b.html - BC2b - Block chords 2 - major, minor, fixed range selection, bass clef
- bc2t.html - BC2t - Block chords 2 - major, minor, fixed range selection, treble clef
- bc3.html - BC3 - Block chords 3 - major, minor, sus2, 7, m7
- names.html - Random names
- p1.html - Pattern 1 quavers - root, fifth, octave, tenth
- p1a.html - Pattern 1a - root, fifth, octave, tenth as block chords
- p1b.html - Pattern 1b - root, fifth, third, fifth, semiquavers, chords in root position
- p1c.html - Pattern 1c - 1-3-5-3-5-3 quavers in root position
- p2.html - Pattern 2 - 1-5-3-5 semiquavers, inverted
- p2a.html - Pattern 2a - 1,3,5,3,5,3 of possibly inverted triad
- row.html - Row generator